Wednesday 24 April 2013

98.What is your purpose?

Tirus makes my life so much more worthwhile to live. My only purpose in life is to make him an excellent human being, who is not only going to work for his state or country but for the whole world. 

When I ask young people in my counselling classes what is their purpose in life, many sport blank faces, some are quizzical and maybe just 1% of the entire class raise their hands to speak about their plans or goals in life. The rest, I feel are like ships without a rudder. I constantly tell them before I leave that it is already pretty late to think about a purpose. However, if you don't start thinking now, then maybe you will be lost in the high seas of life. They promise to get back home and start planning and I really hope with all my heart that they live upto their word! 

I tell the children to make a blue-print of their life with short-term goals and long-term goals, which will eventually lead to a mission statement. It is very important to go one step at a time to reach that big goal that they might have set their eyes on. For example, if I want to run a marathon tomorrow, I would have to keep practicing this habit over a period of time. I can't start running on the same day of the marathon. Maybe, I could start with walking first and then jogging the first kilometre and then onto larger distances. 

Well, I just wish every child would start early  in planning their mission in life with help from their parents and care-takers. I pray that each child grows up to become the best human being ever 'cause the future will need some excellent people to run the world.





( I tried a print on print ensemble that I have been wanting to do for quite some time now. I had bought this Ritu Kumar noodle-strapped dress some years back. I teamed it with a pair of printed slacks and a striped shrug. I still need to improvise though! However, Tirus thought I looked pretty good, which he always does!)


2 comments:

  1. very well said ........planning should be done early in life to achieve the goals.

    ReplyDelete