Wednesday 17 April 2013

93. ATale of two styles



When wanting to look slimmer, always opt for a design which will leave the neck free for visual elongation. This first style I tried with this hand-woven ethnic sarong made me far less visually appealing and made me feel bulky around the neck. The halter tie-up at the back was too fussy as the cloth was thicker for such a design, making me feel sweaty and flustered. And the folds kept getting untidy, which was a big bother.





The second style was far less fussy and gave a free flow look to my whole body. I looked far less bulkier as the style showed off my collar bones and I felt cool and comfortable. Here, I wrapped around the sarong and tucked in one of the edges to leave some gentle folds flowing on the left hand side. And I was all ready to see Jinti, my friend from college, who I was meeting after more than 18 years. Time just flew as we sat talking over glasses of *lassi and **payokh.



*Lassi: Buttermilk shake
**Payokh: Boiled rice cooked over a low flame with milk, jaggery, raisins and cashew.

No comments:

Post a Comment