Wednesday 10 April 2013

87.HAPPINESS UNBOUNDED


When I turned vegetarian, my inquisitive friends had a 1001 questions; “Why are you turning into a veggie?” “Yuck, how will you survive?” “I am sure once an occasion arrives, you will turn into a non-veg again?” “What is the big deal?”
Okay. So I have turned into a vegetarian. It just took me a second to decide about this commitment I have made for a life-time. Though it has just been over two months since I have picked up the habit, it hasn’t really taken me long at all to live with it. Since my decision, I have attended endless number of meetings, seminars, workshops where I have happily sat alongside colleagues and friends who preferred a non-veg meal during lunch. I have looked at their food and asked myself if I feel any greed pangs for the food they are eating. Not at all!
I have remained committed to this habit and I know deep inside that I will be able to carry this forward, no matter how mouth-watering a non-veg dish might look!
Commitment is the new high! To be committed to something or someone and be absolutely, deliriously passionate about it is the hip thing. I am committed to the world, my country, my state, my city and so much more!
Krishna came into my life when I was a kid of four years and I had to enact a role on stage back in my school days. He has stayed with me all throughout my life. I have remained committed to Him and that must be one of the reasons why I have some insanely composed passionate poems for Him. When someone asked me, “Why Krishna?” I didn’t have an answer, more so because I don’t have a reason for my love and commitment to Him. Should I?
When we love someone, do we need a reason for it? When I say I love Krishna, I have never sought a reason for this deep passionate commitment. Nothing can deter me from this love for Him. Feverishly passionate that I am, I have never really sought an answer for love. I have argued endless number of times that love has no reasons. Loving for a reason cannot be love and I stand committed to this statement for life.
I have composed endless number of poems for Him. And in every poem, my love for Him gets that much more profound. So, when I am asked, “How did you meet Krishna?” I tell them, “I have met Him in all my past lives and now I meet Him every day, everywhere and in everything. I am devoted in my love for Him!”
This commitment of belonging to Him and carrying His work forward gives me happiness divine......

My Love,
My Lord,
I wish You knew
How much
I love You
From the minute
I met You,
To this moment on,
I have loved You
And You only.
But shun me…?
You did
For a figment.
Oft You look
Distant,
Like a dream,
A Mirage
Knowing not
That this dream
Would one day
Shatter
To pain me
Endlessly,
But Lord, God,
To bear this pain
For You,
Is also bliss.
For I have loved
You
And You only.
You are the reason
I am alive,
Alive with You,
My Krishna,
My God…!

2 comments: