Monday 15 April 2013

92. The Bodo Cocktail Dress


There are so many things I love about my Northeast India; nature in its hynotizing best, the soft-spoken people, the never-ending variety in cuisine and ofcourse the weaves. Some of the most iridescent weaves flow out of the looms of the Northeast, making people gasp in delight and awe.

15th of April coincides with 1st of Bohag, the first day of the Assamese New Year and what better day than to put my mind and soul into creating something new.

I took the Bodo (an indigenous community of Assam) dokhona (the female ensemble) and gave it a new twist to create a cocktail dress for the evening, while Tirus and I went visiting friends for Bihu and also went hopping from one Bihutoli (fields where the Bihu performances are held) to another.



No comments:

Post a Comment