Sunday 31 March 2013

81. "All the world's a stage"...... "and tears exhibit my tongue". (As you like it and Merchant of Venice-Shakespeare)


         Laughter undoubtedly, without an iota of competition is the recipe for a healthy body, mind and spirit. And when it comes in a package of two hours of entertainment and flawless acting, then we have hardly anything to complain about.
The evening of 31st March saw the ITA auditorium packed to capacity as Stage Fusion with yet another excellent production this season almost brought the roof down with their effortless delivery and colossal performance.  
I had a brush with Rupa Hazarika Som during one of her previous productions when she thought I would fit into one of the roles. But going by her strict rules and dedicated timings, I decided I was still not prepared to be a part of her act. Well, her blunt sincerity for the stage shows, as every time she has literally driven her actors to outperform their expectations. 
Bollywood Dreams was riotous to the core. I especially loved Nayantara Sharma's (Sonia) performance. The body-language of her character and her histrionics were perfect to a T. Dr. Bijoy Choudhury had us all bursting at the seams. I found him very stiff when he first started his acting skills on Stage Fusion but in Bollywood Dreams, he sailed through the act and there was absolutely no doubt that he was enjoying his every move. Neetali Milli Das, with her double act of Zoya and Maryann assured us that she is an actor par excellence. Way to go Stage Fusion! 
(I loved dressing up for the show though! A non-branded skirt I picked up many years back, a top with lace details on the smock from Forvever New and a clutch from the same company, a tousled bed-look for my hair with a faux flower from Accessorize got me in the perfect mood for the play!)



2 comments: