Thursday 28 March 2013



78. Fashion faux pas and a tired kid


Sometimes, take that as most often, I just want to take my car keys and whizz away to work or otherwise in my home clothes. It's tiring to think what to wear and what not to, especially if it's a day of rehearsals before the actual function. And if it’s a day when I am in the mood for pink, yellow, blue and green, then there is a situation. You would say I rather don the jumper of a clown if I am in such a random mood. But then I have never been serious in my life ever, about anything. Na, na..not me! I am in the mood for mischief and read that as all the time.

So in the evening of 28th March, I pulled out an anciently bought baby-pink, low-rise, bell-bottomed corduroy trousers and tried teaming it with an ochre-yellow tee with butterfly sleeves, printed with royal-blue colour butterflies on the smock. I accessorized with one short and two long neck-pieces.  I thought the green belt and shoes complimented the look. However, after clicking around 12 pictures in various different trying-to-look-good poses, Tirus became disgustingly vocal about how obnoxiously ‘fat’ I was looking and said I should change into something else. I felt so defeated! 


Yes, my journey from 84 kilos to 70 kilos has been a long and arduous one, but it looks like I have to work out harder to look leaner and meaner for Tirus’ lenses.
So I did change!But the something else I changed into was another major fashion faux pas. A large woman should never wear horizontal stripes. It makes her look broader. So, a few clicks later, Tirus became vicious and told me I was not going to look any thinner and reminded me we should start from home as there were a whole lot of people waiting at the auditorium to start the rehearsals. 




With a sigh, I resigned and told myself that some days just don’t happen. But Mom used to tell me, “No matter what you wear but if you carry yourself with grace and élan, you will look better than the best.” Thank you Mom for the piece of advice. I decided to do just that and I felt great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment