Monday 20 May 2013

113. Rockstar Dad!


Dad used to wear drain-pipe pants, pointed boots, tweed coats, scarves and hats. I mean how much more stylish can he get? Apart from being an artist par excellence, his black and white pictures of him posing on his JAWA of Czechoslovakian origin say he was quite the jammer of sorts. 
However, Dad was a dreamer and I rode on Dad's dream rainbow to get where I am today. He wished with all his heart when I was just a baby for me to study in Loreto Convent. The impact of studying in a global school was not as great then, than now, when the only words that I can say are, "Thank you Dad. You are the best rockstar Dad that God could have given me!"




And Friday the 17th of May, all the parents of the students from Don Bosco were invited for the 8th Rongali Bihu Celebration. And did we have a good time! I went almost viral, alongwith the students when Papon (Angaraag Mahanta) hit the stage. He is quite a phenomenon, it seems; a youth icon who has created an indelible mark. Singing from his heart, Papon also has this amazing quality to make people burst at the seams. We love this guy!

*****************************************************

And Tirus is now riding on my dream rainbow!


No comments:

Post a Comment