Monday 6 May 2013

107. The Family, Rain and Singing!

I am always in love with the rain. 'Cause it makes my Axom smell beautiful after the hot and humid days. Reminds me of school when Mom would pull my yellow raincoat over my uniform and make me wear my red gum-boots. My green umbrella completed my look. The rain in Shillong would pour unendingly and I would hop, skip and jump to school, through the footpath from Laitumkhrah to Dhankheti much to Mom's annoyance. She would flay her arms and sermonise me on how a girl should be lady-like and all. But I would still continue to have my part of fun!
And that's how I have been, much to the indignation of everyone! This season though, like I always do every monsoon, I have not got drenched from head to toe in the rains but the plan  is still in the offing!
Sunday, the 5th of May, lunch was with my huge big family of around 80 people, when we met at my Pehi's (My father's younger sister) place. It was quite a celebratory event as we joked, laughed, ate and again joked and laughed. Wow! It always feels great to be with the family!



 
And then it rained again, much to my jubilation, when I was leaving for my singing classes. I love the drive from home to classes. It's a slow drive with music!



No comments:

Post a Comment