Thursday 2 May 2013

104. Save the World!


Last night as I was packing Tirus' school bag, there was a familiar whiff I got from the past. As I rummaged through his books, I located it coming from the scrap book. I opened it and poked my nose into the coloured pages and took in the pleasant smell in several short and one deep breath. A series of pictures rushed through my mind and I couldn't help but smile as I reminisced of my college days in Shillong.
Rebellious to the core, I was always the one to initiate some sort of change. Though I was not very vocal about it but people could feel that I wanted to do something different. 
Now, when I talk to Tirus, I feel he is so much more sure about what he wants from life, than me, who started off with the ambition to become a doctor. Then Star Trek swayed my thoughts and I studied enormously on the stars, the constellations, the Universe and what not on Earth, hoping to become an astronaut someday. A book on archaeology made me think of digging up massive monuments from the past and also to travel to Egypt to work on 'mummyfication'! Soon, however, I threw my shovel only to dream of becoming a truck driver in Australia. Mom looked perplexed when she had to call my best friend, Nandini's mom to talk to me when I was hell bent on studying the psychology of the spirits. She pursed her lips and  with knitted brows sat with a what-is-going-to-happen-to-my-daughter look, while Aunty very gently dissuaded me from studying something so ghastly or 'ghostly'. 
However, all this apart, I had always been a Robin-Hood-at-heart types since I was a little girl. I would give away my clothes and sometimes even Mom's, without her knowledge ofcourse, to people who needed them more than us. Mom is still hunting for some clothes and stuff which she thinks she might have misplaced in the house itself!
Even now, under the slightest pretext, I would give away things which I know will be more useful to someone else than me. Deep down in my heart, I nurture this desire to travel all across the world and give away whatever I have. I wish to touch the lives of the less privileged and give them only happiness. I just love to see the joy on the faces of people when they receive something that they had never expected. 
When MJ died, I cried so much 'cause he was the one man who showed the magic path to giving away in profound and unbounded generosity.
"Give and you will be given", an old adage my mother would oft repeat, has made me understand that my life is for giving; to give and enhance the beauty of the world!
And I have felt nothing less than a Queen when I have given!





MJ, You have showed the way!

We are the World!

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And its time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somehow will soon make a change
We are all a part of Gods great big family
And the truth, you know,
Love is all we need

[Chorus]
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
Its true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stones to bread
So we all must lend a helping hand

[Chorus]

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall
Let us realize that a change can only come
When we stand together as one

3 comments:

  1. more than the blog , ur photos seems awesome . u look cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing is fantastic. Topic is important.U r so attractive in these fotos. N u r so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanku Siddhartha and Santanu. Love your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete