Friday 10 May 2013

110. Big Mamma

10th of May, 2013

My friend has become the father of a baby boy and I have been elevated to the status of Big Mamma. I am so elated!
However, when his wife's water broke at around 3 in the afternoon on 10th of May, we all panicked. He rushed her to the hospital while the whole family bent our heads in unison to the omnipotent, knowing that He will see us through. And in another two hours time, we were all besides ourselves with joy as he called to tell us, "It is a baby boy." I was with Tirus at the ice-cream parlour and I almost screamed, tears of joy streaming down my cheeks.I had been praying fervently for this very day. Praying that everything goes through fine and the family is happy.
Praying has always given me such a high. On Friday afternoon, when I sat on the floor and raised my hands towards the Almighty, the one thing I could feel was an ethereal quietness and a deep sense of understanding of the spirits at work. I felt calm and quiet, the otherwise tumultous thoughts laid to rest in some deep recesses of my brain. Tears involuntarily rolled down and I cried till I could cry no more. The only thing I sought for was happiness and peace for the whole world! I prayed that everyone (irrespective of whether I know them or not) should get what they are seeking for; their dreams fulfilled. 
And then the news of becoming Big Mamma. What more can I ask for? I am happy as happy could be!!




Mama by the Spice Girls

She used to be my enemy and never let me be freeCatching me in places that I knew I shouldn't beEvery other day I crossed the line, I didn't mean to be so badI never thought you would become the friend I never had
Back then I didn't know whyWhy you were misunderstoodSo now I see through your eyesAll that you did was love
Mama, I love you, Mama, I careMama, I love you, Mama, my friendYou're my friend
I didn't want to hear it then but, I'm not ashamed to say it nowEvery little thing you said and did was right for meI had a lot of time to think about, about the way I used to beNever had a sense of my responsibility
Back then I didn't know whyWhy you were misunderstoodSo now I see through your eyesAll that you did was love
Mama, I love you, Mama, I careMama, I love you, Mama, my friendYou're my friend, you're my friend
But now I'm sure I know whyWhy you were misunderstoodSo now I see through your eyesAll I can give you is love
Mama, I love you, Mama, I careMama, I love you, Mama, my friendMama, I love you, Mama, I careMama, I love you, Mama, my friendYou're my friend, you're my friend
Ohh, my Mama my loveOhh, my Mama my love
In love in you, in love in meAnd love is true and guaranteed...
(This song is dedicated to my Mom, to all the mothers of the world, the new Moms and the Moms-to-be. And also to Big Mamma..ME!)

No comments:

Post a Comment