Saturday 22 June 2013

130. Angels!


It takes me a while to be consciously impressed about any person, but when I am, that person definitely has to be someone genuine. I have met very few people in the city, especially women, who could create a lasting sense in my mind. However, some of the young women I have met are all angels; sophisticated, intelligent, stylish, well-heeled, down-to-earth, passionate about their work,  an A+ in communication skills and yet rock-bottom friendly!

During one of my sales jobs as a young girl, I got close to Shankhalina Deka, a lady beautiful! She had the whole world talking of her beauty and her heart of gold! She still calls me up in her endearing tone, reprimanding me about not keeping in touch and I can only say one thing,"I love you, Urmi."

Hussina Thockchom is this wondrous woman I met and felt I had known her for years. She spoke with a flair and passion for the 'magic' herbs she grows in her 'secret' garden. She would be the interpreter of the endless Manipuri films we censored for three years. This woman, I love.

Munmun Barua Shah is this angel I met through Facebook. Guess what? I get a call one afternoon and she tells me, "From today onwards, you are my sister...my cute little sister. Come to Pune and I will take good care of you. And you better keep in touch with me." And from then on, I have this beautiful, wonderful, energetic sister. Though we don't call often enough, but we know we belong! 

I am at this meeting at Hotel Dynasty and I see this most stylish young lady, smiling and glowing in her own aura, walk in and take a seat next to me. I couldn't help but talk to her and appreciate her beauty. Pallavi Chumki Barua, is much younger to me but I feel she is a wonderful friend to know because of her earthy, exuberant nature. Her's is a rarity of beauty, brains and love!

I first met Neetalie Millie Das, when she breezed into the terrace where we were all sitting discussing a play. She was dressed in a green salwar and I loved the way it flowed. I thought that her streaks went so well with the tone of her flawless skin, not to speak of her flawless and effortless skills while putting an act together on stage, her histrionics getting everyone into splits. I love this woman and she exudes a warmth rarely found these days.

Some women never fail to impress and they do it so effortlessly, it's wonderful to just bask in the warmth of their love and concern! Women par excellence, these and fashionistas to the core!




No comments:

Post a Comment