Thursday 20 June 2013

128. What the heck?


While Uttarakhand continues to reel in the most horrendous situation in history, I continue to do my stuff; like waking up in the morning and getting on with my work as if nothing in the world has happened. Worse still, I go for my regular club meetings and notice the total disregard amongst the members for our brethren whose lives have turned into an unpredictable nightmare, while we all celebrate someone's birthday or the other, with no discussions or inclinations either on whether we could do something for the people there who have lost everything. Food supplies are minimal, not to speak about the health atrocities they are all facing. I, at this point of my life am feeling utterly helpless! Apart from prayers, there is little I can think of doing!
******************************************************
So when the NEWS LIVE team came to my place to shoot for a half an hour programme on Sunday on 16th of May, what did I do? I simply sat through the whole shoot in my living room, while the anchor of the show asked me endless questions and two cameras caught my happy banter from two different angles. There you see, it was easy and I thought my mind would be terribly preoccupied with Uttarakhand. However, it still is and I am still thinking of ways and means to really 'do something'!!




No comments:

Post a Comment