Saturday 1 June 2013

119. OM!

Stephen Hawking is reported to have said that we are on a minor planet of a very average star located within the outer limits of one of a hundred thousand million galaxies.
******************************************************

What happened before the Big Bang? No one has an answer for this question 'cause everything started existing only after this huge field of energy burst forth to form the galaxies, the constellations, the planets and so much more. The energy field is constant, while there are several other activities happening all over the Universe. And the Universe is constantly expanding. While I simply cannot understand how our planet Earth can be called minor (although I wouldn't like to exchange this planet for another one), I have been made to understand that the Sun is a middle-aged star, which will probably die down in a couple of million years and pull all the planets around it into itself. Mind-boggling! And now we know that there are more Universes several light years away from us. 
As the scientists continue to make new discoveries in this regard, I continue to feel that even though I am just a dot in this canvas, I have contributions to make to this great painting, a legacy to leave behind and make every second of my existence a moment to rejoice. My religion is to understand this!
And when Krishna tells me to do my Namaz, I can only raise my hands and bow my head in unison and chant the eternal 'OM'.


No comments:

Post a Comment