Wednesday 27 February 2013

57. Basketball and Do Re Me.....

Life is a multi-hued rainbow and we can see the colours only when we live in that magic moment. I have always tried and let the colours blend into me to give me a heavenly hue. Life is too beautiful and short not to enjoy it!
 
So Wednesday the 27th of February was again quite a day. After dropping Tirus off at school, I decided to give myself some ME time and ambled into the nearest Cafe Coffee Day. I treated myself to a pot of steaming jasmine tea, the heady aroma of which transported me to a dream world and I wrote furiously on the changes I want to see around me, while sipping the invigorating cuppa tea and biting into choco chip cookies.
 
After school, Tirus loves to play. So, I got him this basketball, more so because I had nostalgic memories of playing it in school. Over a week, I had been watching them play 'football' with the basketball. Wednesday I couldn't hold myself back. I got into a frenzy and hit the court with an excitement I remember I had back in school. As I bounced the ball and ran around the court, I had a pack of screaming kids including Tirus run after me. I went overboard as I basketed the ball several times and had sweat dripping all over. One of Tirus' friends, Ramanuj, actually pulled at my frock, one of my favourites from Forever New. Thank God I had my stockings and a pair of black broques on to see me through all the frenzied running around the whole court. I promised myself to be 'propahly' dressed for a game of basketball next time!
 
And after all the puffing and panting, I calmed down as I had my first singing classes. I was apprehensive about the teacher's comments on my voice and thought he would write me off as a 'disaster'. But what he told me made me so happy. "You have a good voice. Ofcourse you will be able to sing."
 
So, there you see. It's never too late to play basketball or start singing lessons. It's all in the mind. After all, I am planning to beat Bryan Adams at his song, "18 when I die!"
 
I say, "I will be 16 when I die."

No comments:

Post a Comment