Wednesday 27 February 2013

56. Bruno Mars sings after my heart

I dance at the slightest pretext; on the streets, in the mall, at home, the gym, the disc, anywhere the music hits my dance hormones. And Tirus is overtly conscious of me doing crazy stuff like this and shows his disdain by frowning at me.
 
To have a great time on the floor and elsewhere, my best friend always says it has to be 'happy music' and by this he meant songs which don't have any meaningful lyrics in particular but which hits you on the face and urges you to go 'mad' on the floor. Recently, after he had said that, I have started aquiring a deep interest in and affinity for psychedelic music, where you just need to shake your head if you are sitting and 'shake up a storm' if you are standing.
 
Sunday morning at the park is totally 'ME' time; I walk, I jog, I read, I sing, I dream, I gaze at the river flowing by, I meditate, I write, I draw, I talk with the other joggers and walkers and recently I have started dancing. What a time I have! So this time, I had the song 'Scream and Shout Britney'. I put it on the repeat mode and danced for one whole hour in a secret corner of the park where no one could see me doing ' mad, crazy' stuff like dancing in a public place. But this is what I am all about. I love doing insane stuff, which quite describes me. This streak has been in me even when I was a kid. I would dance at the slightest pretext. So what if someone thinks I have lost it. What is important is that I love it! This is ME and I enjoy being myself! 
 

 
 
So Scream and Shout is quite a number. The music is good. Briney looks good in the video, though she has  quite outgrown her cute school-girly looks to be someone more matured and crudish. Does age tend to make people look harsher? I don't think so.
 
But I dunno what she meant to prove when she decided to do this song. The song is good to jump around and lose some calories. But with words like 'Shit' and 'Bitch', I decided to take the song for just its music and ignored the fact that Britney is now no longer anyone's cup of tea.
 
If someone is singing good songs with awesome lyrics, it is Bruno Mars. The recent song I heard, 'When I was your man' is a song after my heart. The man sings from his heart and the lyrics are some of the most passionate I have heard. I love this guy! He is good!
 
 
"When I Was Your Man"
Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh…
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know

I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man

 
I think that more than anything else in the world, people need love. Love is the one and only thing we all crave for, we are hungry about. More than food, it is love which satiates our hunger. The best love songs, poems, articles, plays have been written when there had been extreme passion; either the fulfilling feel of love or the loss of it. Actually, it's love which makes the world go round and I couldn't really be bothered much if someone calls me Alice in Wonderland for this! I love being Alice!
 
And if Britney is looking 'ruder' than before, maybe she should fall in love and write some good love songs! It might just improve her looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment