Tuesday 23 July 2013

143. Lover and Dreamer


Whenever my friend calls me in the morning to ask me, “What are your plans for today?”, I am mildly and slightly perplexed. I would like to give an out-of-the-world-kind-of- answer, pretending that I have this amazing blue-print to become a millionaire in a years time. But then my answer is, “Today, I will do what I love to do throughout the day and I will love what I do.” My answer is again answered with a “Hmmm!”

Well, all my life till now, I have just loved what I have done every second of my day (hmm...not always!) and I have done what I had loved with an unbounded passion. So, everyday has been a holiday, a vacation, a dream-ride for me; whether it’s writing a piece for the papers or my blogs, listening to a song, getting its lyrics and humming it soon after, dressing up, biting into a vegetable burger, working out at the gym, trying a new posture in yoga, designing a totally new ensemble, chilling out with Tirus at a bowling game, hanging onto the phone with my best buddy and talking endlessly about ‘great ideas’ and sometimes-I-wonder-God-knows-what, taking my Mom and Dad out for dinner, not to forget about the way I feel when I am on stage, enacting a role; I feel like a King! And oh, I am so on top of the world when I am anchoring a show. It’s a power only I can feel as I speak each word and look into the eyes of each person in the audience looking back at me. It’s undeniably an exhilarating feeling, probably unmatched with anything so far! Another position which gives me a high is when I am counselling teachers and students. It’s an up close and personal relationship I share with these people who after a two-hour session become my extended family. So far, I have had a wonderful life, peppered with adventure and fun and my answer to what I had done the whole day would be, “I just dreamt!”




No comments:

Post a Comment