Wednesday 10 July 2013

138. Friends are forever!



I have probably never met some of my school friends in years but whenever we meet (maybe after years), people watching us from a distance would probably think it’s a celebration of some kind for a trophy we might have won. And then the endless banter for hours; about who was doing what, who has become fat and straightened her hair and the discussions would carry on for hours at a stretch. And no one would utter a word about not getting in touch or not meeting in years.

If I fast forward to the present stage I am in right now, friendship has a different connotation altogether, maybe for some. People become friends, stay together for a period of time and at the slightest pretext get into an argument about all kinds of things irrelevant for their friendship. I have seen endless examples of how two once-upon-a-time best friends have drifted apart for a mere misunderstanding on their part. It saddens me and the only question that crosses my mind is, “Why can’t they stay as friends forever no matter what? It’s so easy to do that.”

But someone again told me years back, “Nothing lasts forever.” I remember I was terribly sad to hear this and my eyes welled up with years. But that saying notwithstanding, I have made it a rule (cheesy though it may sound!) that when someone is my friend, it will be a relationship forever, even if it means to carry the pain of the brawl for some time. But the beauty of getting back together is something that every friend will cherish!




No comments:

Post a Comment