Sunday 21 July 2013

142. Rip Van Winkle...


Last night, just before we went to sleep, Tirus made me burst at the seams with some of his martial art stances. There were a whole lot of them and they were simply too good. I especially loved one work-out where he goes round and round in a circle about three times, while pursing his lips and sticking his tongue out at every turn and then doing a 'smash' kick. Then there were the 'lightning jump' and 'super dive'. Then, I had to do this being-beaten-in-the-slow-motion enactment with him, which made him very excited 'cause it's been quite a while since I played crazy with Tirus. It was fun to see him. I asked him where he had learnt all this and he gave me several vague answers, which somehow amused me. Some he learnt from television (I only wonder from which channel), he said, one or two from his cousin and the kicks from his Dad. Wow! I mean where was I when he was learning all this? Am I missing something here? Am I losing out on valuable time with Tirus? Left me thinking quite a bit. I surely don't want to wake up one fine morning and find Tirus all grown up and everything, while I am still locked in that time when I was wishing to play and would have played 'slow-motion' with him!





No comments:

Post a Comment