Saturday 29 December 2012

24. My, my, my, Beautiful Day!

Picnics will never be the same again, at least not now. If I am to reminisce the good old times, Uncle would get the whole lot of us (God knows how many people. Dad has 8 brothers and three sisters) into his blue Ambassador car and drive us towards Upper Shillong. And the dicky would have been filled with all sorts of mouth-watering goodies. I remember getting sweaty and dirty when I would go climbing small hillocks with my cousin. I being the heftier of the lot, would have to be pushed and prodded from the back to get me climbing a monstrously easy track up. And Mom obviously would dress me in denims, a red chequered shirt, a jacket, a cap and canvas shoes. We would ofcourse go crazy dancing, singing and running in glee for no particular reason.
Fast forward to a cold wintry December morning of 2012 and here we are driving in our plush cars to a resort two and a half hours away from Guwahati. And since I know that it will be a sit-in lunch and we will not be squatting on the chequered mats under the trees, I decided to dress for the 'event'.








.....And what a time we had! The place, the food, the ambience et al was perfect to a tee, not to mention that I was dressed for the occasion in my purple knitted dress, a black coat, a purple hat from Ayesha, knee-length socks and strapped Woodland shoes. I accessorized to the bare minimum with a ring of blue stone and faux diamonds and two neck pieces; one I picked up from a street corner in Mumbai and the other was from Westside. And if u ask me...I was super happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment