Wednesday 19 September 2012



7. MERGERS

...... and there I am, always exuberant to create something new while dressing; something that will set me apart, yet something that I will really be comfortable in. I can never be at ease in a pair of shorts and spaghetti in public, especially in my city, where almost 90% of the people I am associated with know me for who I am. I, of course wear it when I am on a beach in Goa or when I am travelling abroad. I have always thought that it is so much more beautiful to see a girl dress up rather than seeing her half nude. And especially when we have such a variety of exotic prints to choose from every length and breadth of our country!




I love dressing up for any occasion, whether it’s dropping my son at school, or going shopping, or just plain chilling out with friends over coffee. My son Tirus makes it a point I am dressed ‘propahly’ whenever or wherever I may go. I love his concern. And after I am all dressed up, he without fail tells me every time, “Mom, you are looking beautiful.” Love you my dearest son, my baby! You make me feel so special!

While driving down from Shillong!



My day out!!

Coffee??

Kolkata calling!
Shopping spree!


Kolkata again!

At Pizza Hut

At the Brown Bean Cafe!

Tirus's first day at school!


At a resort in Nowgong


Oh! The air is so fresh near the Brahmaputra!

With Tirus at Baskin Robbins


Just for a spin in the car!

Lunch at the Toklai Tea Research Guest House
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



For some momos at Johnz Kitchen!









 












Just for fun!









Now for some girly fun!
 







I was in the mood for some blues!






For some official work!


Love to mismatch colours!

So, it’s like I am trying out all possibilities when it comes to putting together pieces of different clothing to create something totally different. I might have bought a blue pull-over sometime. If I am in the mood, I put together a black spaghetti and black palazzo pants with the blue pull-over and tie my hair in a lose side plait and accessorise to the bare minimum. Silver goes very well with blue but to add a bit of shimmer I try gold accessories. I love my blue peep-toes with this! Looks pretty good!
Indian summers are fun. There’s so much to choose from. The colours are exotic and the jewellery is all the more exciting. Anywhere I go, I love the Indianness; the clothes, the shoes, jewellery, especially the bangles, the finger-rings. All of them, awesome! I have even tried out nose-rings, not that I look great in them! One has to have a beautiful nose for a nose-ring! But all said and done, we Indians are enormously gifted I say, when it comes to a choice of clothes!












No comments:

Post a Comment