Thursday 5 September 2013

155. I love you Teacher!


Thankyou Mom! I just wonder where I would have been without your teachings. I hated it then when you used to make me sit straight, close my mouth while eating, smile and not frown (as you told me I would get wrinkles sooner than I could think!), walk daintily in the new dress you sat through the night and stitched, treat everyone with respect, forgive and forget, study hard and best of all, enjoy life! I disliked you reminding me to do all these things all the time. It was so perplexing. I thought there couldn’t possibly be a worst enemy than you at a time when this girl thought she came packed and sealed with all the knowledge of the world. And now, when you are busy with your prayers all day, quiet and tired of the years behind you, I miss your reprimanding Mom, everyday, when I wish you could tell me I am making some silly mistake and not do it again. After all, Mama, I am still your little girl and I don’t want to grow up.




Having said this, my teacher called me today morning at a time when I was driving through the city to get to some place. I told him I am often worried seeing the sad, frustrated, dejected, angry and confused faces of people driving their cars, who behaved as if their work was the most important. He told me, “Try and look at the smiles behind those faces and you have nothing to be worried about.” I know it’s going to be tough but my teacher has surely taught me an important life lesson; “See the positive in the negative.” Thank you teacher ‘cause it’s for you that I stand apart from the crowd instead of being a part of the crowd. Salutations!

2 comments: