Monday 1 October 2012


9. DANCE LIKE CINDERELLA!


I have been a thorough romantic all my life. Have always dreamt of this handsome prince in a white steed who would just whisk me away while the trailer from my white gown flowed behind!

And I could somehow see myself in Cinderella ever since I had read the story as a little girl. I could never really grow out of being 16 and thinking of how awesome it would be to dance with the handsome prince all night long, without the clock ever having to strike 12 in the midnight! And all this while I am in my powder-blue satin and lace gown! Ohhh!

Even now, I still have visions of walking with my man in the country-side in the valley of the red and yellow flowers, in a white-based pink flower printed long dress, while the river flows quietly by! Lovey dovey me!!!!

 
 
Over the years, I have bought quite a few gowns but have never had the opportunity to wear them too many times. I have got this awesome green satin and black net off-shouldered gown which was my first buy from Body Basics. Then I bought two black gowns from Ritu Kumar; one, an empire cut gown and the other a halter neck, with beautiful cut-work and embroidery on the hem.
 
 
 
 
 
 








 
 
I pick up frocks and dresses wherever and whenever I can. I especially love long dresses in an A-line cut and Delhi and Mumbai are good places to pick these up, though I have picked up quite a few cotton dresses from Pantaloons and Mirayaa.







I especially love a horizontally striped sleeveless dress, though I was suggested not to buy it lest I look fat. But I bought it anyway and I think it looks great on me! At least, I feel great in it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am a sucker for the ‘70s dressing and love long maxis, the huge hair and big big shades, with the flick of the bat eye-liner and almost nude pouty lips.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am still on the lookout for more dresses; long flowing ones in pastel shades. I would also love a dark blue frock with pink flowers. And then I would just dance away into the night with my prince! Hmmmm! What dreams!

 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment