Wednesday 7 August 2013

148Nishkaam Karmayoga – Duty without Desire

Many a times we are fraught with the inane verbatim from friends but more so from family, “If you do this, you will be rich and famous” and so and so forth. Having said this, I remember having endlessly futile arguments with my mother about why I should or shouldn’t take up a government job, wear and buy more gold, buy a piece of land or have the desire for a flat somewhere in the burgeoning city-scape. But my explanations of how miniscule all these are when it comes to the larger picture of who I am, what I have done so far, where I want to go and what my plans for the world are, all seems to fall on deaf ears and every time the exercise is pretty exhausting for me, as I return home wanting to go ‘blip’ at the first sight of my comfort zone; my bed! And dream as usual!
The long many years of my passion, my love for my work has paid off so far and I have so much more to do. I am happy! This inner strength is my biggest treasure. The excitement of creating something out of nothing, the words on paper, a dream taking shape. Can all this ever be replaced with anything  else? The adventure, the pleasure, the intense emotions are all that I call life; a life made beautiful with doing the things I have always loved. I have never worked a single day of my life! I just played, had fun and dreamt!



No comments:

Post a Comment