Tuesday 6 August 2013

147. Devil vs Angel


As I wiz past several cars, angry, frustrated and late, the only thing I can feel working inside me is a red-tailed devil making me angrier by the second at commuters who I presumed were driving in a manner not congruous to the already maddening situation (but was I driving well enough?). And I was helping in no better way to lessen the chaotic situation as I heightened the accumulated rage of people in cars who were already honking incessantly, or were trying to squeeze through an impossibility. The red-tailed nuisance, with one eye squinted and a raised eye-brow, with lips that spat fire, sat on my left shoulder and made me look at the cars on my left, right, front and rear and scream expletives, gesture vulgarly and literally forget about the soothing Norah Jones' Come Away With Me playing ever so softly inside the car. It cackled and spat and laughed and heckled me to a point of no return!
My eyes burnt and I was almost turning insane(wishing I had a monster truck to run over everyone!). I laughed uncontrollably at my 'power' to unnerve everyone. Just as I was losing sight of everything around me, there was a light touch on my right shoulder and I see the Angel himself, sitting all prim and proper gesturing me softly to slow down, relax, take a deep breath and think! He had a gentle, calm look on his face, a relaxing smile on his lips and as he winked at me, I could feel a different sort of emotion coursing through me! He instructed me to look ahead, think, feel good about myself, listen to the music and enhance the positivity I had promised to surround myself with when I sat at the wheels from home! 
The fire, which was almost starting to singe my skin by now, died down; it's embers replaced by a cooling balm and the sound of Spice Girls singing Mama. I was relieved I was breathing easy once again!! 


1 comment: